Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Morning


Waking up with Robert Harbison's Deliberate Regression. The chapter called "Religion as Art" talks about those passionate Gothicizers, Pugin and Ruskin, who between them defined the visual style we now call High Victorian. Both were crabby and dissatisfied all their lives with themselves and everybody around them. Maybe all overachievers are like that – except in America, where achievers and non-achievers alike are required (is if by law) to be cheerfully self-satisfied.


Am tentatively trying out my new camera, delivered late yesterday afternoon. I spent the evening reading the manual and charging the batteries. But I still can't coherently explain the relationship between aperture value and shutter speed.




When I took this last picture the camera asked me, "Did somebody blink?"

"Yes!" I answered. "I blinked!"

Today is Father's Day.