Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Shadows







Nights are cold now but afternoons are almost hot if you are in direct sunshine, which is plentiful. I took these pictures around Folsom and 14th in San Francisco in a neighborhood where auto repair shops and small factories still exist – though the condos are marching toward them. A couple of different times while I was looking through the viewfinder of my camera men who worked in the buildings walked up and asked if they could help me. I said no thanks, I was just taking pictures of the shadows on their walls. Then they nodded and left me alone. One of them said, "Cool." But I couldn't figure out what they had wanted until it dawned on me that they probably suspected I was photographing their buildings for some legal or financial purpose. And my obtuseness reassured them.