Friday, October 7, 2011

The New Yorker


Mabel Watson Payne explores bucolic New York City strapped comfortably to her father in that baby carrier we have all learned to love. Just today I poached this picture from the image-pairing blog I share with my daughter, Silas & Eppie. Each day we each pick some sort of picture, with no idea what the other person's picture looks like. The only thing we know is the shape -- on any given day they must both be horizontal or both vertical or both square. Then we slap the two picture together on the screen and make each one a hot-link leading back to its own source (if the source is known). My daughter's choice is always on the left and mine on the right. Somehow, the combination never fails to be amusing, at least as far as we're concerned. And that's the beauty of maintaining these online frolics. You don't have to worry about pleasing anybody except yourselves.

After this picture went up my daughter gave me some additional information about it: "... Mabel is looking at the Delacorte musical animal clock at the Central Park zoo. She loved it passionately."