Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book Baby


My daughter originally took this picture a couple of weeks ago and she used it yesterday here. I know she will indulge my grandfatherly wish to see it replicated above. Having recently turned sixty, I am (with the wisdom of the elderly) in a better position than ever before to judge and to say what my personal preferences are, so can assert with greater confidence than ever before that sitting on the floor and reading one hard-page book after another to Mabel Watson Payne (or the same book over and over) easily trumps all other pleasures (or potential pleasures) life has ever offered or could ever offer. Plus the fact that pictures of me and Mabel together in the same frame are rather rare, for the simple reason that I am generally the one behind the camera.